Frequently asked questions
How will I receive my purchases?
All of my resources are digital downloads. No items will be shipped. When making a purchase, you will enter your email address and create an account. Upon successful checkout, you will receive your files in two ways:
- You will receive an email that has a download link for your purchase – click the link and the files will download to your computer.
- You can log-in to your account dashboard at emmatheteachie.com/my-account and navigate to the downloads section. Click the link and the files will download to your computer.
How do I open a ZIP file?
A zip file is a file that contains multiple documents – these have been “zipped up” together to deliver it to you. You need to unzip them to access the documents.
Windows and Mac computers are able to unzip ZIP files without additional software. iPhones and iPads will require an additional app.
If your computer runs Windows:
- Right click on the unopened ZIP file.
- Choose “Extract All” from the menu
- You can choose your destination, e.g. Documents
- Click the “Extract” button
If your computer runs Mac OSX:
- You can simply double click the unopened ZIP file to unzip it.
- If you can’t open the ZIP file, make sure you have enough space on your Mac for the unzipped item. If you received the ZIP file from someone else, there might be a problem with the file. Ask them to zip the file again and resend it.
If you’re using a Chromebook:
- Double-click on the ZIP file
- You’ll notice that the ZIP file has been mounted and is located in the sidebar of the file manager alongside your Downloads folder, Google Drive account, and any other services you mounted
- To extract the files from your archive, open a new file manager window, browse to or create a folder for the files, and then drag everything from one window to the other
- This will extract those files out of the ZIP archive and make them accessible for you
If you’re using an iPhone or iPad:
- Download an application for unzipping ZIP files from the App Store. For example, iZip is a free app that will do this.
- Download the product to your device
- Choose “Open in ‘iZip’” (or other application)
- Follow the instructions to extract the individual files from the ZIP file.
What if I’ve tried these instructions, and I’m still having trouble opening a ZIP file?
For a simple solution that works on Windows and Mac OSX, we recommend extracting ZIP files online using a free websites: https://extract.me/
What if I can see the files listed in the ZIP folder, but I’m unable to open them?
If you’re using Windows, this can happen if you’re previewing a ZIP file that was made in Mac OSX. Apple’s compression software adds an extra folder and files that can make it tricky to extract the ZIP using Windows.
You can recognize and avoid the incorrect folder if:
- A file won’t open when you click it
- You see a file named “ds.store”
- You’re in a folder titled “_MacOSX”
This folder contains data needed for managing the ZIP on a Mac. Since it is a subfolder in the ZIP file, you should be able to back up one folder level and see the actual contents of the ZIP file.
What if my file isn’t printing correctly?
First, make sure you have unzipped the ZIP file – you need to do this before you can print the PDF files within.
Next, ensure you are opening the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Printing errors can occur when trying to print from an internet browser or from Preview for Mac users.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free PDF reader software. You can download it here: Adobe Acrobat Reader Website. Please ensure the version you have is up to date.
Now let’s go through how to print your PDF file.
- Open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Choose “File”, then select “Print”
- Click on “Advanced”
- Check the “Print as Image” box and click OK
- Print the document
What if I can’t download a file?
Most of the time, download issues are temporary and related to an unreliable network connection or browser connection issue that interrupts your download. If you see an error message about the network connection, you should refresh your browser and try again in a few minutes. The issue will often resolve itself.
If you’re trying to download on a school computer, it’s also worth remembering that some schools restrict downloading. If that’s the case, you’ll need to download your file at home instead and save it onto a USB drive or email it to yourself.
What if I can’t open a file?
First make sure the file you want to open has downloaded completely. Large files vary in how long they take to download, depending on the size of the file and the speed of your internet connection. Bundles in particular often consist of large ZIP files that may take longer to download.
If you’re using a school computer, it’s worth remembering that some schools have downloading restrictions. If you’re having problems opening a file at school, you should contact a network administrator or attempt to download and open the file from your home computer.
Can I pay with a purchase order?
Currently, we do not offer purchase orders. However, you can make a purchase order in my store on TeachersPayTeachers – here is a guide to paying with a purchase order on there.
What if a Google Slides resource is added to the wrong Google Drive account?
When you click the link in the download PDF and make a copy of a Google Resource, it is automatically added to the Google Drive of whichever email account you are signed into.
To add the resource to the correct Google Drive, first, sign out of all Google accounts by accessing this link: https://accounts.google.com/logout
Then, sign into Google with only the Google account you wish to add the files to, and click the link the the PDF again to make a new copy for your Google Drive.
I’m getting an error message when trying to make a copy of Google Slides
Ensure you are logged into your Google account before clicking the links in the PDF. When you click the link, it will ask you if you want to make a copy for your own Google Drive. If there is an error message, it may be for a couple of reasons.
- If your network connection times out or is disrupted while trying to make a copy, the resource may not be added to your Google Drive. Check your internet connection is stable, refresh the page and try again.
- If you’re using a school computer, it’s worth remembering that some schools have restrictions upon accessing files created by external owners. If you’re having problems opening a file at school, you should contact a network administrator or attempt to make a copy and open the file from your home computer using your personal Google Mail account. You can then share the file with your school account, provided there is not a block on this. If there is a block, you will need a network administrator’s help.
I’ve spotted an error in a resource
As much as we try to ensure our resources are error-free, occasionally you may spot one. If you do, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know and we will fix it as soon as possible. The updated version of the resource will be added for you to redownload from your account dashboard.
Are your resources editable?
Google Slides: these resources are non-editable as the text and images are inserted as background images. Only text boxes and graphics intended for student use are unlocked and may be modified. There is a spare slide provided at the end of the slides – you can use this to add any extra information, activities or links required. Duplicate it if you require more than one spare slide.
Doodle Notes: these resources are secured PDFs and are non-editable. Please check the previews carefully before checking out to ensure the resource fits your needs. There are multiple versions of each set of Doodle Notes; the open response version may be more suitable if you wish to add additional information.
Can I upgrade to a bundle after purchase?
Yes – this is a great way to get even better value on my resources as all of my bundles are discounted.
Note that bundle upgrades are only possible when you have already purchased a component of that bundle.
Here is how you can upgrade to a bundle for purchases on emmatheteachie.com:
- Ensure the resource you have already purchased is in fact part of the bigger bundle you wish to buy
- Add the bundle to your cart and checkout
- Then email email@example.com with your order number(s) for the individual component(s) and the order number for the bundle
- We will verify your purchases and then refund the value of the individual component(s) that are a part of the bigger bundle
- Wait for your refund to come through – this can take 5-7 working days from receipt of the refund request email
If you have any questions or are unsure if the resource you have purchased is part of a bigger bundle, please reach out before purchasing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have purchased resources through my store on TeachersPayTeachers.com, then please read this blog post and follow the instructions for upgrading to a bundle there.
Can I get a refund?
Due to the nature of a digital resource, all sales of digital resources on this website are considered final and nonrefundable. There are no exchanges for a different resource.
Please make sure you read the description of the resource and ask any questions before purchasing. If you find an error or have an issue using a resource, please contact me directly at email@example.com.
Do you ever run sales or promotions?
Yes – I love to give educators the opportunity to get even better value on my resources. I send emails to my mailing list about upcoming sales and promotions, so be sure to sign up.
Sign up to my mailing list link